Community energy delivery
We can provide the tools and professional expertise to develop a solar energy project on a building that you own. It could be a social housing block, a school, a church or a private building.
The professional skills and services we provide to facilitate the creation of a
solar energy project include:
Project Management and Feasibility
- Project Management
- Technical Feasibility (solar assessment)
- Financial modelling and business planning
- Planning and consents
- Procurement and contractor management
- Communications and reporting
- Monitoring and evaluation
- Legal – lease and Power Purchase Agreements
- Manage installation
- Community Engagement and Delivery
- Door knocking and surveys
- Coordinating meetings and events
- Establish and register renewable energy cooperatives which run the project and are staffed by local people
- Share offer
- Produce share offer
- Marketing and share offer promotions
- Share offer administration
- Post-delivery support
- Business support – VAT, tax, rates
- Monitoring and Metering
- FIT registration
- The energy generated is sold back to site owners at price which guarantees savings on their energy costs.
- Site owners have the opportunity to invest in the project, with Returns on Investment around 3-4%.
- Our projects represent value for money for local authorities and other organizations by improving quality of life for communities in a cost-effective way.
- Environmental and policy benefits
- Our schemes generate clean energy which is consumed by site owners. This enables organizations to reduce their carbon footprint and help them meet climate change and sustainability objectives.
- In terms of carbon accounting and reporting, our schemes help to reduce an organization’s scope 2 emissions.
- Corporate and social responsibility benefits
- By installing a solar energy system, organizations are able to demonstrate leadership in the sustainability sphere.
- As our community-energy schemes are accompanied by educational and fuel poverty services, they allow site owners to demonstrate leadership in terms of delivering social benefits.
- Energy security
- By having your site powered by solar energy you are reducing your reliance
- on the grid and improving your energy security.
- Read more about Our Model
- Contact Us
Repowering can also act as a consultant to communities who wish to set up energy schemes themselves. The services we offer on a consultancy basis include:
Technical feasibilitiesPolicy analysisAccess to a network of investorsCommunity engagement and events Solar panel making workshops